Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Tasting Notes: 2013 Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough



Appearance: Very light yellow, almost white, translucent.  No legs whatsoever.

Aroma:  It's all citrus to me.  A hint of lemon and lime, but primarily grapefruit.

Mouthfeel:  Light, rolls right off the tongue.  A little bit of acidity leaves your mouth watering.

Flavors:  Refreshingly acidic and citrusy.  Lemons, limes, a hint of fresh cut grass, and a decent amount of grapefruit, though the grapefruit is not as prominent as it is on the nose.  Just a hint of melon to cut through the acidity here.

Overall:  Not my personal favorite, because I have an aversion to grapefruit.  But the grapefruit is not nearly as overwhelming as the nose left me to expect.  A pretty well balanced Sauv Blanc with citrus, a little tropical fruit, and just a touch of grass, so something for almost every Sauv Blanc drinker.  Not one I would buy for myself, but definitely one I would take to a party or suggest to someone who likes Sauv Blanc and doesn't mind that grapefruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment